Thursday 17 May 2012

39 Weeks!

39 weeks and counting!

The countdown is on!  Just trying to keep him in there till Mam arrives next week.  Dr says she 'thinks' I have a better chance of going late than early so I'm going with that.  My prediction is he arrives on his due date - May 26.  Jimi is taking bets if anyone else has a thought.  For charity of course :)  http://bit.ly/L3e0xV .  He is head down but I haven't officially 'dropped' yet.   I see my Dr again on Tuesday - which is scarily my last scheduled appointment till after my due date - and she is going to give me another 'sweep'.  I'm really glad no one ever mentioned how unbelievably horrible that is.  Actually there is quite a bit that no one seem to mention.  All probably for the best. 

I'm feeling good.  Tired and huge, but still pretty good.  At night he still moves alot so its hard to get comfortable but other than that - no complaints.  Sorry, one complaint - I pee every 20 seconds.  Whoops, 2 complaints, I got on the scale the other day.  Nuff said.  The boy definitely prefers the right side.  I'm pretty lopsided most of the time.  Sometimes I look like an alien movie as you can see him move from across the room.  I'm experiencing Braxton Hicks - lots - which is both cool and annoying.  I'm still super emotional but I think I'm just used to it now.  There was a beautiful commercial on the other  night and I bawled.  Turns out it was for Walmart.  Touching. 

I'm trying to spend lots of time cuddling with my girlies.  The poor pups won't know what hit them in a week or so.  Their reaction will be very interesting.  I'm planning on wrapping the baby in a blanket and then having Jimi or Mam take it home so the girls can smell it and get used to it.  Too far?  Maybe, but they're my babies too!  (remember, super emotional). 

I'm so glad to be off work.  I have regular naps - which I never plan but happen daily and I can't live without my Y&R :)  Its crazy how every day gets away from me.  I have so many plans every day and then all of a sudden its 5 o'clock! 

So as I said, Mam arrives a week today and my official due date is a week Sat. I still can't believe this is happening.  I feel like I went from 0 to super pregnant in a month!  Our plan when she is here, other than have a baby, is to do lots of walking - getting me used to leaving the house with the boy and two puppies.  I'm going to master my Moby wrap, tackle folding and unfolding my stroller and own the swaddle.  Until he gets here, we'll hit the beach (no swimsuits of course - duh!), maybe a movie (What to Expect When Expecting opens tomorrow) and of course eat.  She hopes to come back a few weeks later for Jimi's Ride to Conquer Cancer which is June 16-17 - which will be baby B's first trip to America!! 

I'll keep you posted on anything exciting in the next week!!

Love you :)






S and Baby B

No comments:

Post a Comment