Tuesday 21 February 2012

26 Weeks and counting



It's the last week of the 2nd trimester (yeah) and I FINALLY ordered a crib, a chair, a dresser AND we (we meaning Jimi) painted the nursery.

Ordering a crib was literally so stressful - I don't know why!  I couldn't make up my mind to save my life.  It was the oddest thing.  I would pick one, then 15 mins later second, third and seventh guess myself.  Seriously?  It's a crib.  And the ones I was looking at weren't even that different.  Finally Jimi 'put his foot down' and said that if I didn't have it ordered by the time he got home from the gym, he would do it.  And, it worked.  Then, he MADE me pick paint on the spot - imagine, making a decision like that in one day?? (minus the days, weeks, months of online research).  I wanted gray, he wanted blue.  I picked a gray that when up looks blue so - I guess we both win.  Kinda.  Whatever, I will learn to live with it :)

I'm still feeling awesome (knock on wood it stays this way!).  I've started PVRing "I didn't know I was pregnant" cause I swear if I was 200 lbs that would be me.  But the fact that everyone I see comments on my giant boobs and uncharacteristically healthy hair, I know I am!  I guess I am very lucky as I know several women who are also pregnant and they are having a tough time.  Again, knock on wood!  I am feeling lots of kicks and movement now which is totally freaky and awesome.  I love when he kicks so hard that he moves my hand - or one of the dogs little faces!  I play music to him on headphones and he either loves it and dances, or he hates it and tries to kick me to make it stop.  Either way, I enjoy it.

Since I'm not buying tutus, frills and all things sparkly, I have become addicted to funny (or what I find hilarious) onesies.  I hope he has a good sense of humour or else hes going to look back at his baby pics and think his mom is an insane person.  Only these two have come in so far...
I'm Ron Burgundy?  


True Story!

I have about another 10 on the way.  I can't stop.  Jimi isn't quite as into the 'humour' as I am.

Next time I'll post pics of the nursery in the making.  The crib etc should be in in a week or so.  Hopefully I don't end up taking them back!

Lots of love from me, Jimi and Beebee!
Steph
xoxox 





No comments:

Post a Comment